Discover the core multithreading and parallelization concepts supported by the .NET framework.
- Create and run independent tasks
- Manage synchronized access to data
- Effectively use parallel collections
- Work with task continuations
- Write parallel loops
- Leverage the power of Parallel LINQ
- Master asynchronous programming (async/await)
- Basic knowledge of C# and .NET framework
- Basic knowledge of multithreading
This course is about .NET Parallel Programming with C# and covers the core multithreading facilities in the .NET Framework, namely the Task Parallel Library (TPL) and Parallel LINQ (PLINQ).
This course will teach you about:
- Task Programming: how to create and run tasks, cancel them, wait on them and handle exceptions that occur in tasks.
- Data Sharing and Synchronization, ensuring your access to shared data also happens in a safe and consistent manner.
- Concurrent Collections, such as ConcurrentBag, which operate correctly even when accessed from multiple threads.
- Task Coordination concepts, including the idea of continuations, as well as uses of synchronization primitives to coordinate tasks.
- Parallel Loops which let you easily iterate over a counter or collection while partitioning the data and processing it on separate threads.
- Parallel LINQ, the parallel version of .NET’s awesome Language-Integrated Query (LINQ) technology.
- Async/Await and .NET’s support for asynchronous programming.
This course is suitable for:
- Beginner and experienced .NET/C# developers
- Anyone interested in multi-threading, parallelism and asynchronous programming
The course consists of the following materials:
- Video lectures showing hands-on programming
- C# files that you can download and run
Before taking the course, you should be comfortable with the C# programming language and familiar with multi-threading.
- Beginner and experienced .NET developers
- Computer Science students
- Anyone interested in modern approaches to multithreading/parallelism
Created by Dmitri Nesteruk
Last updated 11/2019
Size: 665 MB