Mastering Network Troubleshooting With Wireshark
Solve network problems and improve your understanding of network protocols by learning Wireshark from an expert.
What you’ll learn
- Determine the source of network problems over nearly any protocol.
Understand Wireshark’s filtering language and use it to separate signal from noise.
Use Wireshark to improve your understanding of network protocols.
- Master techniques that allow you to find errors in proprietary protocol implementations.
- Implement capture methods that maximize the valid data captured while minimizing clutter.
- Use RFC’s to decode what you see in the protocol details.
- You need to have a solid understanding of general networking, including a basic understanding of IP, ARP, and TCP.
- A system that you can install and run Wireshark on is helpful, but not absolutely required.
Protocol analysis is a complicated, and often intimidating, subject. Many engineers, even ones with significant experience, feel powerless and lost when confronted with the sea of data that a network capture can provide. Most courses approach this problem with more overload; diving into each menu item and option with detailed explanations. But when you get done with those courses, you still find yourself wondering “How do I actually use this stuff to resolve problems?”
This course is different
This course is specifically designed to walk you through the mindset and methodology an expert uses to diagnose problems with Wireshark. No time is wasted on options or features that are not heavily used. Instead, the key skills are trained, with a focus on making sure you understand why this skill is useful, and how the skill is used. Real problems are examined from real network captures, and the techniques used to diagnose these problems are laid bare.
Throughout this course, you will open the same captures as the instructor, and use the same techniques he uses to see the same results he gets. In this course, you will learn:
- How to install Wireshark to both take and view captures
- How to take the best possible captures, maximizing signal and reducing noise
- How to filter captures using both individual and combined filtering, to arrive at the exact information you need
- Advanced techniques like comparison captures and ring buffering to diagnose complex corner cases
- How to use RFCs to understand the function of the protocols you are examining
- How to use captures to troubleshoot both common and complex problems, such as TCP retransmissions and Black Hole routers
Additionally, you will receive access to all of the example traces used in the course, so that you can follow along as the instructor walks you through his techniques. And all of this is provided in high-quality video, allowing you to complete the course at your own pace.
Finally, in addition to the course, you will receive:
- Direct access to the instructor
- Updated content
- A certificate of completion
- 30-day, money-back guarantee
All you need to take the course is a computer capable of running Wireshark (Windows, Linux, or Macintosh), and an Internet connection.
Just click Buy Now, and you can begin immediately.
- Network administrators, network engineers, and programmers who want to improve thier ability to diagnose problems and extend thier protocol-level knowledge using Wireshark.
Created by Brian Hill
Last updated 11/2018
Size: 1.55 GB