Everything You Need To Become A Game Developer From Scratch – Godot, GameMaker, GML, GDScript, And More!
What you’ll learn
- Learn to code, this is the most important skill, as it is a universal skill for working with computers.
- Program in Python 3, GDScript, and GML, you will have knowledge of 3 programming languages by the end of this course.
- Make games, you will come out a game developer from this course, and, will be able to produce both 2D and 3D games.
- Transferable knowledge: Python, GDScript, GML are very similar to other languages, which, allows you to learn other languages rapidly if you have this experience.
- Learn to write servers and clients, multiplayer/networking is a highly valuable skill to have in the game development world, as not many people know how to network.
- GameMaker and Godot aren’t just used to make games! They can even be used to make software! If you know how to make a game in these game engines, you already know how to write software!
- Learn to become a game developer in one course! Be able to code, make games, and problem solve, all in one course!
- Basic computer knowledge, knowing how to open up a web browser, executing a program, and working with the file manager is good enough!
- A desktop computer, we recommend Windows 10, but, any OS that can run the game engines in this course can be used
- A copy of Godot Game Engine 3, it’s free and open source!
- A copy of GameMaker Studio 2, either paid or free trial, although paid is preferred
- Download Python 3, to run Python 3 on your PC
- Any IDE you like, the Python download comes with an IDE (basically a text editor, but, for coding)
Welcome to The Game Developer Bootcamp. If you’re looking to be not just a gamer, but a game maker, you’ve came to the right course!
Learn To Work With
- Godot Game Engine 3 – 2D and 3D engine
- GameMaker Studio 2
- C# (Coming In The Future)
- Python 3
Building a game doesn’t have to be difficult, in The Game Developer Bootcamp we will teach you everything. If you know absolutely nothing about programming and about game development, this is the course for you. We welcome all skill levels to our course!
The course will start out by teaching you how to code in Python 3, with your first program where you print Hello World. You will receive the most valuable information in the course, by learning to network by writing a server and client that can communicate with each other. We learn Python as it is nearly identical to GDScript, which has only slight differences. You will then use your Python skills in Godot Game Engine 3. We will go into detail on the node system, which, is a challenging, but an incredibly rewarding object system. Then, we will be building a platformer demo, where will build a player, and AI.
COMING IN THE FUTURE
We will be building a 3D physics demo which will teach you how to use the 3D functions in Godot. C# will also be taught in the course, using the Mono Version of Godot. You will also get a glimpse of VR in Godot.
Finally we will go into GameMaker Studio 2, we will go over the features of GameMaker Studio 2, with your already obtained knowledge of Godot, going through GameMaker Studio 2 will be easier. We will be building a multiplayer platformer, making a GameMaker Studio 2 client, and a Python server from scratch to communicate.
Art assets, and quizzes will be available in the course! Check out the curriculum for more details!
Skills From This Course Can Be Used For
- Building your own game
- Collaborative projects or jobs to program for other people
- Learning other game engines
- Learning other programming languages
- Understanding how games work
- Writing software (you don’t have to just make games with the knowledge in this course!)
Build 4 Demos In The Course : Develop Games
- Platformer – Learn to use the collision and physics engine
- (COMING IN THE FUTURE) Space Shooter – Learn the art of instancing, an important asset to object-oriented programming
- (COMING IN THE FUTURE) 3D Demo – We will be learning to use the 3D features in Godot Game Engine, swapping between a first-person and third-person perspective and using the 3D physics engine.
- Multiplayer Platformer – We will build a platformer in GameMaker Studio 2, which, finally our Python knowledge will be put to full use by upgrading it to multiplayer. We will be making a GameMaker Studio 2 client and a Python server.
Ask questions, chat with our other students across all of our courses, through our Discord server!
- If you have a Discord account, you can join our discord server to ask questions, request for us to add new things to the course, get one-on-one support from us and other students.
When you finish the course, you will come out as a true game developer, knowing how to use two of the best game engines to date!
Get the lifetime access to the course today!Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to make a game, but, doesn’t know where to start.
- Anyone who wants to learn to code in general, if you are absolute beginners and have no idea what Python is, get this course.
- Being familiar with some topics in the course is okay! The course is designed for everyone, not just absolute beginners. You can feel free to skip parts that you may not need!
- If you want to be a 2D and/or 3D game developer, and want to learn some of the most challenging topics, such as networking
Created by Suspendee Studios
Last updated 11/2018
Size: 5.54 GB